Now the UPA government has somebody to collaborate with, in manufacturing and propagating Hindu Terror.

Kind of ‘Terror Diplomacy’  – much like Cricket diplomacy

 

 

LeT wants Srinagar blast blame on Hindutva outfits

Friday, April 08, 2011 12:58:20 PM by IANS

 New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Intelligence agencies have intercepted a telephonic conversation of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) spokesperson in Pakistan asking a Kashmiri journalist to put the blame of Friday’s Srinagar blast that killed a top religious leader on Hindutva groups, including the Shiv Sena.

Message (was) intercepted between Abdullah Ghaznavi, LeT spokesperson in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and a reporter in Kashmir,” said a source privy to the interception.

He said that LeT leader during the telephonic conversation “directed (the reporter) to spread the message to misdirect people that the blast in Srinagar was done by the Shiv Sena and Bajrang Dal and that more such actions (are) likely by these organisations”.

Prominent Kashmiri religious leader Maulana Showkat Shah, a trenchant critic of last year’s stone throwing youngsters, was killed in a powerful bomb blast outside a mosque in Srinagar, triggering a spontaneous shutdown that crippled life in the Jammu and Kashmir summer capital.

Advertisements

Nothing excites the Indian Media more than “Hindu terrorism or extremism”. Even a mere possibility or an illusion is enough to make them erect and upright. Even a glimpse or suggestion of an opportunity to denounce Hindus makes tham hallucinate about ‘right wing’, ‘activists’ , ‘extremist’ or ‘terrorist’ of the Hindu, Hindutva or Saffron varity. News, interviews, debates, talk shows, reality shows follows to hype up the imaginary dangers that Hindus pose to the present and future of the country.

Here are some of the samples that came out in the last few days.

IBNLive: Hindu extremist group blamed for Goa blast

The Times of India: Sanatan Saunstha responsible for Goa blast, says minister

The Times of India: Goa blast: Intel probe confirms role of right-wing Hindu group

The Times of India: Goa blast heat on Hindu outfit

The Deccan Herald: Goa blast: Police probe foreign links of Sanatan Sanstha

Indian Express: Goa police probing foreign links of right-wing outfit

Hindustan Times: Goa blast: Hindu group member held

Deccan Chronicle: Was Margao blast Goa’s brush with Hindutva terrorism?

IBNLive: Goa considers ban on right-wing Hindu group

NDTV: Saffron terror: Myth or reality

 

Even before the forensic exam is done or the investigation is started, the media goes into convulsive fits to compete with each other for ‘breaking news’, manufacturing the means, method, motive, and manpower behind, followed soon by their chosen verdicts, only falling short of the actual execution.

Meanwhile the Superintendant of Police admits that they have never blamed any organisation for the incident……” Nowhere have we said that Sanatan Sanstha is involved “…….

 

‘We didn’t say Sanatan was linked to blast’

   

The Goa police on Wednesday did an about turn on its claim that Sanatan Sanstha was involved in Margao blasts, saying they have not named any organisation.

“We have not named any organisation as yet,” superintendent of police Atmaram Deshpande, who is the official PRO for Goa Police, said at a press conference. According to Deshpande, police have only maintained that Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, who are suspected to be involved in the crime, had links with Sanatan.

“Nowhere have we said that Sanatan Sanstha is involved in the blasts. We have only said that the persons whom Goa Police suspects of carrying out the blasts had links with the organisation,” Deshpande said.

When reminded about state home minister Ravi Naik’s statement that Sanatan is responsible for the attack, the SP said, “I have no knowledge of that and cannot comment on his (minister’s) statement.”

Naik said that the police are investigating the role of Jyoti Dhavalkar, the wife of transport minister Sudin Dhavalikar, in the organisation.

On whether the police had sent any recommendation for banning Sanatan, he said, “We have not asked for ban on Sanatan as of now, and will not do so until investigations are over. The police will send the report to the government which will take the call.” Despande also said that accused Yogesh Naik died on Tuesday morning.

Arvind Pansare, an official of Sanatan Sanstha, denied that Naik was involved in the organisation. “Yogesh Naik supplied milk to the ashram. This is his only connection with us,” he said. 

A disappointing revelation for those who wished the role of Hindu terrorists in the Samjhauta express blast.

The questions are:

1) Did India truly not have access to the information that US had?

2) Was there any deliberate attempt to suppress such evidence similar to attempts of suppressing local support for the Mumbai attack?

3) Was there a calculated political effort to promote the brouhaha of the sensationalism of Hindu terrorism?

 

U.N. sanction on Lashkar operative a blow to Pakistan

Siddharth Varadarajan

New Delhi: Attempts by Pakistan to link the Mumbai terrorist attack of November 2008 to the earlier explosion on board the Samjhauta Express are likely to flounder in the face of the United Nations Security Council’s decision to sanction a key Lashkar-e-Taiba operative for his role in the 2007 train bombing.

For the past year, Indian investigators, probing the deadly attack on the Lahore-bound train in which 68 people, mostly Pakistanis, were killed have been exploring various theories, including the involvement of the Lashkar.

The unravelling of a Hindutva terrorist cell following investigations into the Malegaon bombings generated leads which also prompted some speculation about their possible role in the Samjhauta incident.

Evidence

Though the trail of evidence from Panipat and Indore eventually ran cold, external intelligence agencies — presumably from the United States — clearly had information the Indian side didn’t. And they seem to have found the fingerprints of the LeT and the Al-Qaeda all over the wrecked train.

On June 29, the 1267 committee of the UNSC — so named after the resolution mandating sanctions on the Al-Qaeda and the Taliban — slapped an assets freeze, travel ban and arms embargo on Karachi-based businessman Arif Qasmani, whom it described as the “chief coordinator” for the Lashkar’s “dealings with outside organisations” and a provider of “significant support for LeT terrorist operations.”

In a press release, the 1267 committee noted: “Qasmani has worked with LeT to facilitate terrorist attacks, to include the July 2006 train bombing in Mumbai, India, and the February 2007 Samjota (sic) Express bombing in Panipat, India. Qasmani utilised money that he received from Dawood Ibrahim, an Indian crime figure and terrorist supporter, to facilitate the July 2006 train bombing in Mumbai, India. Qasmani also conducted fundraising activities on behalf of LeT in late 2005. Arif Qasmani has also provided financial and other support to Al Qaeda.”

The U.N. said that in return for his support, “Al Qaeda provided Qasmani with operatives to support the July 2006 train bombing in Mumbai, India, and the February 2007 Samjota Express bombing in Panipat, India.”

The U.N. citation of Qasmani and LeT spokesman Yahya Mujahid, which was followed on Thursday by a separate ban imposed on the duo by the U.S. Treasury Department, took Indian officials by surprise.

Senior officials told The Hindu it was evident the U.S. had access to information that it had not yet shared with India.

In the exchange of dossiers between India and Pakistan following the terrorist attack in Mumbai, Islamabad had sought to ‘balance’ the optics of being asked to act against the LeT by seeking details from New Delhi on the progress of investigations in the Samjhauta case.